Sunday, December 25, 2011

December 25: Holiday Greetings

On this Christmas Day in 1950, Walt Disney's very first television special "One Hour in Wonderland" aired on NBC-TV.
Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and the gang took viewers on a trip into the Hollywood magic land of Walt Disney Studios to attend a Yuletide party. Hosted by Walt himself, special guests included Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy.

Learn more about "One Hour in Wonderland" (and other December 25 events in Disney history) by clicking HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I actually have this exact original hand-painted still "Holiday Greetings from Coca-Cola" with Mickey/Donald. I own an international auction company, Antique2Modern, LLC., and we have weekly Wednesday auctions, high-end estate sales, and about every 2-3 months we host a world-wide (online & in-house) gallery auction. We are currently working on an incredible auction; rare original production cels (Disney, Turner, Warner Bros etc), scarce autographs, rare sports collectibles and more. We have several original one-of-a-kind Disney items, including the infamous "Holiday Greetings" as the photo above. If interested, please contact us. We are hoping to be completed, edited and ready for marketing by the end of the month (Janurary 2018). That said, we are hoping to advertise for mid-February 2018. I apologize if putting the info is not allowed or seems rude. I just happened to be researching this historic Disney piece and came across your blog.

My name is Stan, I hope this is as exciting to other Disney enthusiasts as it is to myself and my staff. Our website is currently being worked on, below is our other website. Also, I had to choose "Anonymous" as I am not currently a member of blogger, but intend to sign up.

www.ArnoldAuction.com or you can email us at antique2modern@live.com